Tuesday 19 June 2012

My Puddle Lane books arrived!

A day of great excitement today - I received the absolute best books in the level 4 Puddle Lane series - that is, all of them. Five books in total, they are -

When the clock struck thirteen
The sandalwood girl
On the way to the blue mountains
Fire in the grass
The silver river




Stage 4 in the Puddle Lane series is easily the best, because it is full of peril, and you never know if the characters are actually going to die or not. At least, you don't when you're a small child.

I sat down and read them all this morning. I won't give anything away, except for no, of course they don't fucking die. This was the 1980s, long before that maverick J.K. Rowling came along, slaughtering people willy nilly. But there is peril. There is so much peril these stories wouldn't look out of place in a Beryl the Peril comic. There's so much peril I'm going to have to go and have a little lie down.

1 comment:

  1. These books are amazing! Irun and Sandella (hope I've spelt those right - it's been many years!) were such a great pair of characters... I need to go and dig these books out of the attic! As you say, these were very much the best books in the series.

    ReplyDelete