Saturday 9 June 2012

Childhood stuff #1 - Dutch Sandy


When I was about 5 ish, my Dad went to a port somewhere (possibly Hull) to meet a guy coming over from Holland. My god, this story is truly riveting isn't it? Anyway, he met this guy to sell him a guitar (god knows how he managed to find a buyer in Holland, this was a long time before the interwebz), and brought me this snowglobe back. For about 10 years afterwards I was utterly convinced this snowglobe was bought in Holland, despite my Dad never having been to Holland, and never claiming to have been to Holland. But there was no reasoning with me. I was a stupid kid, and even now, as a stupid adult, I call it the snowglobe from Holland. And I've only just realised that the Dutch squirrel is a dead ringer for Sandy Cheeks in her Treedome. A lot of Sandy's water has evaporated now, so it can't really snow anymore, but at least she's no longer in danger of drowning.

No comments:

Post a Comment