Sunday 17 June 2012

Childhood stuff #3 - Cosmo Gang

Since I wrote about Big Bertha yesterday, I'll continue the theme of ace seaside ticket spitting machines by writing about Cosmo Gang -


Cosmo Gang could be found gracing the amusement arcade on Skegness pier. One go was 10 or 20p, certainly not a bloody fiver like most games seem to be these days. One or two players would sit at those yellow guns at the front, and shoot the aliens that advanced towards you, hoping to snag the energy packs that you were guarding. If you were a sharp enough shooter (or, more likely, if your parent was), you won tickets which could then be exchanged for all kinds of crap.

Because the gods happened to be smiling on me, I found the following gameplay footage on Youtube -

                                      
When I am a millionaire, I will buy one of these machines and have it in my living room. I'm also going to buy Sega Rally, and the world's biggest pancake.



No comments:

Post a Comment